Glanbia Ireland - Agri Branch are Hiring a Horticulturist
Glanbia Ireland owns leading consumer and agri brands such as Avonmore, Kilmeaden Cheese, Premier Milk, Wexford, mymilkman.ie and GAIN Animal Nutrition. It processes a 2.6 billion litre milk pool from 21 counties and exports high-quality dairy and agri ingredients as well as branded products to over 60 countries.
What’s the role?
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Horticulturist to join our busy CountryLife team in New Ross, Co. Wexford. The role involves working alongside the Garden Centre Manager and Branch Manager in the running of our busy garden centre.
Who are we?
Glanbia is global performance nutrition and ingredients group with leading market positions in sports nutrition, cheese, dairy ingredients, specialty non-dairy ingredients and vitamin, and mineral premixes. The Agribusiness division of Glanbia, employing over 400 people, is the number one supplier of farm inputs in Ireland and has a network of more than 50 retail stores across Ireland.
17 of these retail stores house our CountryLife brand which caters to the growing rural population by stocking ranges such as:
- Pet Care Products,
- Garden Products,
- Outdoor & Leisure Clothing,
- Equestrian Supplies
Glanbia Countrylife New Ross is one of our busiest stores and Garden Centre which offers great opportunities for an ambitious candidate.
What will I be doing?
- Assisting customers and dealing with customer queries
- Maximising the sales potential of the garden centre and garden products
- Maintaining control of all stock to ensure a fresh offering to the customer
- Ensuring that the garden centre displays are immaculate and appealing to the customer
- Assisting the Manager to maintain high standards in the garden centre and branch
- Improvement and development of relevant areas in the garden centre and shop
- Ensuring that workplaces health & safety requirements are met
- Maintaining good housekeeping of all relevant areas
Note: This description is not intended to establish a total definition of the job, but to act as an outline of the main duties.
What skills would I ideally have?
- A Qualification in Horticulture
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant retail Garden Centre experience
- Knowledge and interest in the retail gardening industry
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks at one time
- Proactive with drive and energy to achieve results and is self-motivated
If you are interested in this position, please apply via the link below and search for the job title: Horticulturist.
Glanbia Ireland is a Values-Based Organisation - www.glanbia.com/careers