20 Feb, 2019
Newlands Home & Garden Centre
New Road, Dublin 22, Ireland
Horticultural Manager Required
A special opportunity has arisen for a Horticultural Manager at Newlands.
Experience required: • At least 2 years of retail horticulture as a manager. • An excellent track record in achieving retail sales targets. • A friendly and confident personality. • High customer service standards. • Flexibility regarding working hours/days. • Stock management and merchandising skills
- To assess the market for plants & gardening products.
- To source quality plant material of a suitable price and to negotiate best prices for the season
- You will be responsible for providing customers with a knowledgeable, high quality and friendly service whilst optimizing sales of our products.
- To become familiar with the range and mix of horticultural products which Newlands currently offers and to exercise control over the quality of plants and the level of stock
- Offering advice and solutions to any queries they may have. Using your initiative to identify new sales opportunities
- Build effective working relationships with customers in order to understand their individual requirements and supply them with the best products.
- Liaise with suppliers, as well as monitoring, maintaining and re-ordering stock to ensure that customer demands are met.
- Monitoring & maintaining of plants & dry goods ensuring quality and standards are maintained to the highest level.
- The role will also involve aspects of general work in other departments.
- The ideal candidate will have minimum 2 year experience in the horticulture trade as manager or assistant manager.
- Fluent spoken and written English is essential.
This is a full-time position. We are a 7 day a week operation and you will be required to work weekends. Salary will be negotiable based on the candidate's experience and qualification.