SAP Landscapes - Ireland's Largest Landscape Company
The primary aim of this position is to support the Senior Estimator and others involved in the estimating function to accurately calculate, finalise and issue tender prices for identified potential works with the goal of securing such work at a commercially viable price. Associated with this core function is the management of all inbound work enquiries, the prioritisation and ranking of these enquiries to ensure that the most advantageous tenders are quickly identified and allocated to an estimator in order to calculate our tender bid.
- Respond on a daily basis to general queries from contractors, architects, engineers etc., in relation to ongoing, past & future tenders.
- Review & analysis tenders with the Senior Estimator & Managing Director at the first basis to establish whether or not the company will proceed to next stage.
- Keep an updated log on ongoing tenders & the progression of these tenders. Track projects via Trello or other Notice board system.
- Pre tender procurement – source buying prices for all materials which form the estimate for the works, soft and hard landscaping materials e.g. shrubs, tree and plant prices, paving materials.
- Assist with Sub Contractor price procurement.
- Measurement – produce bills of quantities from either site visits or from drawings which form the basis of the estimate.
- Assist in the production of estimates – producing the estimate document(s).
- Post tender procurement – assisting the project supervisors with buying of materials & creating purchase orders.
Desired Experience & Skills
- Landscapes industry knowledge / experience essential.
- Qualification in Horticultural desirable.
- Experience in SAGE desirable but not necessary.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Strong attention to detail whilst working to deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise your workload and to effectively co-ordinate the progression of multiple work enquiries through the various stages of the tendering process; from start to completion.
- Computer literacy of MS Office is a must. You will be required to quickly acquaint yourself and then become proficient in bespoke software packages such as Valesco, Blue Beam, CAD etc.
- Demonstrate a good level of knowledge and understanding of the following:
- tree / shrub plant installation
- tree / shrub plant maintenance
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills in order to build up strong relationships with existing clients & new potential customers.
- Ensure work is of a high standard that is expected in SAP Landscapes.
Full clean driving licence
Training & Development:
At SAP Landscapes, we believe that our most important asset is our people. That is why we like to promote from within and develop employees to progress further in their career. As an Assistant Estimator you have the potential to develop your skills in order to progress to Senior Estimator level. SAP Landscapes will provide continued support & training in order to assist you achieving your targets.