Enthusiastic gardener and general maintenance person is required for a farm estate in south Co. Meath
Busy working livestock farm over 800 acres with extensive garden amenity areas. The management foresees an increase in ornamental gardens and native woodland areas.
The position would particularly suit a person with an interest in varied ornamental garden settings, potager gardening, and estate care.
- Full driving license
- Strong and flexible work ethic
- Interest in gardening, farming and woodland establishment
- Attention to detail and the ability to work at a consistently high standard
- Ability to work alone and use own initiative.
- Horticultural qualifications
- Experience with a range of machinery including ride-on mowers, strimmers and tractors
- Experience and certification in Spraying and Chainsaw
Your responsibilities will include:
- Mowing and strimming ornamental grass areas and road verges
- Pruning and hedge cutting
- Maintenance of pathways/ avenues
- Maintenance of all ornamental planted areas: feeding, pest control, weeding, mulching
- Maintenance of garden machinery
- Establishment and maintenance of Potager garden
- Pruning small or dangerous trees
- Assisting in the planting of trees and other ornamental plant material throughout the estate
- Organizing and management of external contractors relevant to the garden
- Using initiative and contributing to problem-solving and environmental management of the estate.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, hardworking, flexible individual who is a plant enthusiast and enjoys working alone as well as being able to work with others as required.